ABTS seeks to equip Arab Church leaders with the theological knowledge and practical application they need to best serve their home ministry context. Our Admissions Team members work very diligently to ensure that they accept new students with a strong vision for ministry in their home country and community. Potential students must be endorsed by their church and our Admissions Team conducts interviews with their pastors. We do not set a cap on the number of students admitted each year, even though we need to raise scholarship support for each accepted student. ABTS accepts all students who meet our requirements (listed below) and demonstrate a genuine calling for ministry.
Kindly note that the following elements are pre-requisites for acceptance at the Arab Baptist Theological Seminary:
- Spiritual: Proclamation of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, evidenced too in the person's life.
- Church: A reputable member in a local Evangelical church, with a clear calling for Christian ministry and an attestation to this effect from the pastor or a local leader.
- Affiliation: Loyal to the Evangelical Statement of Faith as well as that of ABTS throughout the duration of their study at ABTS.
- Academic: Fulfillment of the various pre-requisites required for the intended study program.
- Language: Proficiency in modern classical Arabic language.
- Financial: Free of financial debt and with a clear demonstration of how the person intends to cover their fees.
- Clear Calling: Able to demonstrate through the submitted application form as well as the various interviews with the academic team a clear calling to Christian ministry and a certain minimum level of experience in the ministry field.
- Behavioral: Able to demonstrate through the submitted application and the various interviews with the members of ABTS Academic team a certain level of psychological and emotional maturity that is reflected in a balanced personality and humble inter-personal relations.
- Technical: Having the sufficient knowledge in using a computer and surfing the internet considering the nature of the program.